Friday, December 3, 2010

This Week in Psychology...

This week in psychology we learned a lot about the different parts of the brain and memory. Although we learned some pretty predictable things like the frontal lobe is in the front of the brain and when you separate both sides of the brain they cannot communicate, resulting in two independent brains, there were a few things that I thought were completely ridiculous. I really didn’t like how the occipital lobe is all the way in the back of the brain. Why wouldn’t it be closer to the eyes? Also, I don’t like how the right hemisphere controls the left hemisphere and vice versa; I think everything should be streamlined and logical. Unless there is a logical explanation for the brain being this way, then I’ll be fine.
                We also took a test to determine if we are more left brain or right brain dominant. My results were just about in the middle, which is rather surprising. I would think that I’m very left brain dominant, especially a year or two ago. I guess I’ve become more creative.

1 comment:

  1. Personally, I would have thought you'd be more right brain dominant, considering you play music. That just seems more like an artistic thing to me. Sure, it's logical because you have to learn it and all.. Well, I'm not making much sense. Maybe you are in the middle. You're good at using the logical part for figuring things out, I assume, and learning an instrument. But playing it, couldn't that be artistic?

    ReplyDelete