Friday, December 17, 2010

A slow week...

Well this week wasn't too exciting in psychology. We got a big packet for the rest of our unit which I actually think will prove to be very useful. So far we have focused primarily on childhood development. I thought the  most interesting thing that we learned is Jean Piaget's theory of childhood development. Before this week I never really knew how babies work so it was fascinating to hear that they barely can see over a foot for a few months. I also thought it was pretty cool how little kids do not know how to conserve number or liquid and don't have a sense of object permanence. We watched a number of videos that vivdly portrayed kids in these stages and those that weren't, which I thought were really entertaining. Haha those kids looked pretty dumb.

1 comment:

  1. Yea like you said i never really thought how babies work and what they could/couldn't do, by learning about it, it wasn't really bad and with all those videos that we saw like where the mom hid the object in a different blanket. And yea teacher did say that the packet is going to be something that we cant lose

    ReplyDelete