Friday, December 10, 2010
Brain Disorders
This week we focused on brain disorders in psychology. So far we have watched presentations on many disorders, most of which are very serious and can be very devastating for the individual as well as their family. I think the most intersting disorder that we learned about was Synesthesia. Synesthesia is basically a disorder in which some of your senses get jumbled up so that one can taste the color purple or see colors when they hear a certain noise. Other than that the disorder has a very low impact on one's health. In a way, I envy those with Synesthesia because they must have such a radically different perspective of life. I think, at times, it would be great to be able to see color everywhere, especially during Wisconsin's cold, gray winter months. If I could see colors in music I would definitely play and listen to music much more than I do already. I think that the albums Electric Ladyland by Jimi Hendrix, Tommy by The Who, and Boston would make some pretty awesome colors.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Out of all of the disorders we have talked about Synesthesia would be the best to have. Since it doesn't effect your health, unlike the other disorders. It seems that Synesthesia could acually help you memory. If I could see colors in music memorizing band songs would be so much easier and more interesting. I wonder which colors would go with which notes.
ReplyDelete